Are you receiving care from one of the Avance Care Dietitians, Behavioral Therapists or Pharmacists?
Want to see your behavioral or nutrition therapy provider from the comfort of your own home? Do you have trouble scheduling therapy appointments due to your location or minimal time off?
Avance Care offers virtual Behavioral Wellness, Nutrition and Medication Therapy Management follow-up appointments only. You can now have your follow-up therapy sessions on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Ask your Avance Care therapy provider if you qualify.
Teletherapy lets a psychotherapist, dietitian or other healthcare provider care for you, even though you cannot see him or her in person. The provider uses the Internet or another technology tool to conduct a therapy session. The main goal of teletherapy is to make sure that you get high quality, personal health care, even though you are seeing your provider virtually.
Avance Virtual Care Patient Instructions
Use of a laptop or PC is required for your teletherapy session. Phones or tablets are prone to having technical issues.
Setup your Vsee program and test your video/microphone prior to your session:
1. If you have not already signed up and registered for your virtual session onsite with your provider, here are the steps.
- You should have received an email from your Avance Care location with a link to your teletherapy session.
- Click on the Sign Up Now button to complete your registration.
2. Login to your account at avancecare.fruitstreet.com. Click on down arrow next to your name on top right of the screen and select Test Computer.
3. Setup your video application (Vsee) in order to have a video conference with your provider.
4. You should receive a welcome email from Avance Care once you have completed your setup.
Rescheduling for your virtual visit
1. All your appointment management, including new or rescheduling of appointments, should not be done thru the fruitstreet.avancecare.com website. Instead please call the Specialty Services line at 877-390-5525 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you no-show for your teletherapy appointment, the standard no-show fee of $35.00 will be added to your account.
How to start your virtual visit
Please setup your Vsee program and test your video/microphone prior to your visit. See section above.
1. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email with the date and time. The email reminds you to log on about 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. To avoid interruption, please log on from your PC, not phone.
2. Once it is time for your appointment, please click on the link in the email, Enter Waiting Room or simply log into your account.
3. Once you log on to your account, you will see your appointment to the right of the screen, when you are in a quiet and secure area, click on Start Your Visit.
4. There will be a pop-up screen, if you have already VSee, please click, Proceed to Consultations.
5. Ensure that your webcam is connected and ready to go.
6. Your visit will then launch. It may take a few moments to get you connected to your provider.
7. At any point where you need to end the call there is an option to do so at the top right of the webcam screen.
8. There will be an option to resume your visit if you accidentally ended the call.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my insurance pay for my virtual visit?
- Telehealth visits are covered just as your onsite visits are by BCBS.
- Avance Care will file your claim with your insurance. You will be responsible for any bills you may receive as well as your copayment.
How is my information protected?
- Your medical information is protected using privacy standards that meet the federal HIPAA requirements.
If I do not have health insurance, what does the visit cost?
- Depending on the length of your virtual visit, your visit cost may vary between $50-$150.
Can I have a virtual visit using the telephone alone?
- Unfortunately, no. To receive the best quality care through a virtual visit, you must have access to a webcam or camera through your phone.
What information should I have ready for my visit?
- For nutrition patients, please have your most current weight along with any changes to medications/supplements/ vitamins.
- For a behavioral wellness visit, please have an emergency contact ready along with the address of the location you will be having your virtual visit out of.
How long will my visit be?
- Your virtual visit length depends on what your provider has requested. Visits can run from 15 minutes to 1 hour.