Blueberry Glazed Salmon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
½ cup fresh blueberries – can used frozen, but will increase cook time slightly
5 to 6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon salt, divided
4-4oz salmon filets with skin
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a small pot, add blueberries, thyme, sugar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Place over medium heat.
2. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally – sauce will reduce and thicken.
3. While waiting for sauce to boil and thicken, place oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat oven broiler to high (or 525 degrees Fahrenheit if oven requires a broiler temperature).
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Pat salmon filets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on all 4 filets.
6. Place filets skin side down on baking sheet.
7. Brush a thin layer of blueberry glaze onto each filet. Place the fish under the broiler for 3 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and brush an additional layer of glaze onto the filets.
9. Place back under the broiler for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Salmon should be flaky when pressed with a fork, but not dry.
Serving Size: 1 glazed filet
Calories: 192, Fat: 7.3g, Protein: 23g, Carbohydrates: 7.8g, Fiber: 1.7g, Sodium: 345.5mg
Nutrition Tips: This quick weeknight dinner gives you sweet and savory in one dish. Each salmon filet coated with a flavorful sticky sauce and can be paired with your favorite vegetable and small side of rice.